|Percentage of Men who…|
|Prefer Boxer Briefs:||27%|
|Prefer Other Styles:||2%|
|Percentage of Women who…|
|Prefer Bikini Briefs:||37%|
|Prefer Other Styles:||4%|
|*Based on a sample size of 125,000|
· In 1991, the average bra size in the United States was 34B; today it’s 36C.
· Married men change their underwear twice as often as single men.
· Italians wear red, Argentineans wear pink, and Brazilians wear brand new underwear on New Years Eve
· The loincloth is both the simplest and the most popular form of underwear. It was probably the first undergarment worn by human beings.
· Bras did not exist until 1913 when Mary Phelps Jacob tied two handkerchiefs together with ribbon. In 1928, Maidenform introduced modern cup sizes.
· In 1935, the first men’s briefs appeared. They had a Y-shaped front and overlapping fly on knitted drawers and came in both short and long styles.
· Panty hose, which combined panties and hose into one garment, made their first appearance in 1959, invented by Glen Raven Mills of North Carolina. The company later introduced seamless panty hose in the 1965, spurred by the popularity of the miniskirt.
· The thong first gained popularity in Brazil, in the 1980s as a swimsuit style. By the 1990s, thong underwear became popular and today it is one of the fastest selling styles.