1) It’s conveniently located right next to Route 81
2) It’s pronounced STAN-ton.
3) Gypsy Hill park, located in historic Staunton, was once a place where actual gypsies lived. It is now a massive park with 2 playgrounds, duck pond, walking path, baseball fields, and a train.
4) the band NTENSE which played at the hotel lounge featured 80’s music as well as at least one guitarist with a mullet.
5) we could listen to the band play while we swam in the indoor pool of the hotel.
6) They over-chlorinated the pool that my vision was cloudy for 1 day.
7) Staunton, VA is only about a 45 minute drive from Charlottesville, VA – which is home to Thomas Jefferson’s former abode – Monticello.
8 ) Monticello translates into “not very much parking”